National Institute of Fashion Technology was set up in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. It has emerged as the premier Institute of Design, Management and Technology, developing professionals for taking up leadership positions in fashion business in the emerging global scenario. NIFT has been granted statutory status under the act of Parliament of India in 2006, empowering the Institute to award degrees and other academic distinctions.
- Teaching at the Institute, emphasis on self-motivated learning by using information, experience and practice.
- Craft Survey and Documentation: As part of the Craft Cluster initiative of NIFT, students undertake field visits to closely interact and work with craftsmen to add value to their products.
- The intellectual strength and expertise of NIFT faculty reflects in the series of publications brought out by them and the research projects undertaken with the industry and global institutions.
- Excellent placements for graduating students, with diverse segments of industry like large retailers, brand marketers, manufacturers, consultancy organizations, e-retailer, textile mills, home furnishing companies, design BPO’s, technology solution providers, and large apparel manufacturing companies along with international brands.
- State Of Art Infrastructure at all NIFT campuses at Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Raebareli and Shillong.
- NIFT has strategic agreements and partnerships with about 32 leading international fashion institutes & organizations that share the same academic direction, integrating NIFT students with the global mainstream of fashion.
UG & PG Programs
For Admission to 2015 session, candidate will have multiple options for taking the admission test as given below:
|Online Registration||10th November to 10th January|
|Last date for Online Registration||10th January|
|Last date for online registration with late fee of Rs.5000/- (in addition to the application fee) through Credit/Debit Cards only. In case of Demand Draft, the print out of application along with DD should read the given address||16th January|
Paper Based Test (PBT)
Paper Based Test (PBT)
Computer Based Test (PBT)
|Bachelor of Design||8th February||22nd February|
|Master of Design||8th February||22nd February|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||8th February||22nd February|
|Master of Fashion Management||8th February||22nd February|
|Master of Fashion Technology||8th February||22nd February|
|Admit Cards (online only)||23rd Jan 2015 (1300hrs)|
|Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview||April – May|
|Declaration of Final Results (online)||End of May / June|
Eligibility – UG Programs
For bachelor program maximum age: 23 years as on 1st October, 2017. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP) subject to following Qualifications:
Fashion Design – B.Des. (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / KnitwearDesign / Fashion Communication)
The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi
General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programme – Technology
Fashion Technology – B.FTech. (Apparel Production)
The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri- Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countriesrecognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education
Eligibility – PG Programs
For bachelor program No age limit with the following qualifications
M.Des (Master of Design)
Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India
Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only.
M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management)
Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
M.F.Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology)
B.F.Tech. from NIFT
B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.Number of seats
UG: 90, each program has 30 seats
An Application Fee has to be paid either through online payment gateway or through Bank Demand Draft issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi.
Fee for General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Category: Rs.1500/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft.
Fee for SC/ ST/ PHP Category : Rs.750/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft.
Candidates applying through Demand Draft are required to send the printout of the Application Form, duly completed in all respect, along with Demand Draft on the following address:
Project Manager – CMS
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
For any further Information please contact: